What types of laser treatments does your practice offer?
Our practices offer an array of laser treatments to address different issues, including:
- photorejuvenation using intense pulsed light (IPL) to reduce the appearance of age spots, rosacea, hyperpigmentation (flushing or redness), large pores, mild scarring, fine lines and sun damage, as well as improve the texture of skin
- nonsurgical spider vein treatments to remove unsightly bluish veins and improve circulation
- IPL for hair removal from all parts of the body
How does photorejuvenation work? What issues can be treated?
Photorejuvenation uses intense pulsed light (IPL) emitted through the skin using the MiXto SX® laser. As the micro-fractional CO2 laser reaches areas of damaged tissue, it stimulates the skin to produce new, healthy tissue, so skin appears more youthful. MiXto SX also helps activate and tighten collagen to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines, while also improving skin texture and helping skin feel and look firmer.
The state-of-the-art MiXto SX system gets you the results you want, in a short 30-minute session. You should notice immediate improvement after your first treatment. The laser can improve the appearance of your:
- Acne scars
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Sun damaged skin
- Age spots
- Overall skin texture
- Skin flushing and Rosacea
What happens during laser hair removal?
Prior to treatment, the hair in the treatment area is shaved and the skin is carefully cleansed. Energy is delivered through the skin using a special handpiece that’s passed over the treatment area. During treatment, you may experience a mild stinging sensation similar to the snap of a rubber band. Topical numbing agents can be used to reduce discomfort in very sensitive areas. In addition to removing unwanted hair, IPL also improves skin texture so skin feels smoother, softer and sexier.